Brooklyn Medical Malpractice Lawyers
Medical malpractice law firm serving Brooklyn fighting for rights of injury victims, families
Medical malpractice cases in Brooklyn demand strong legal action. When a doctor or surgeon makes a mistake that results in a serious injury or the death of a loved one, you need to protect your rights. You need to contact Jonathan C. Reiter Law Firm, PLLC.
Our experienced medical malpractice attorneys serving Brooklyn are familiar with many common medical malpractice cases and the major hospitals located in Brooklyn, including:
What should I do if I suspect I’m a victim of medical malpractice in Brooklyn?
Your health and wellbeing matter most. And so do your personal rights. That’s why we strongly advise people who believe they are victims of medical malpractice to take the following steps:
- Seek immediate medical attention – If something seems wrong, go to an emergency room in Brooklyn immediately and demand to see a doctor right away.
- Contact a lawyer – Medical malpractice cases can be notoriously complicated. Don’t try to tackle your case on your own. Contact us. We can help you every step of the way.
- File a complaint – It’s not just your health that’s on the line. It’s everyone else who receives treatment from the same doctor, surgeon or nurse in Brooklyn. We can help with the paperwork.
- Get a second opinion – Don’t just go to the emergency room once. Schedule a follow-up appointment with another doctor to make sure you’re healthy.
- Demand justice – If you have a legitimate medical malpractice case, we can help you take legal action against the person or institution that caused the injury to you or a loved one. We’re ready and eager work with you.
What if my doctor denies wrongdoing in my Brooklyn medical malpractice case?
Many doctors and other medical professionals accused of medical malpractice insist they did nothing wrong. The insurance companies and lawyers defending the health care providers are skilled at coming up with creative ways to blame the patient. They will point fingers at patients even when the negligence is blatant. That’s why it’s important to contact a lawyer immediately if you suspect you’re a victim of medical malpractice in Brooklyn.
Our highly-trained staff knows how to carefully investigate complicated cases involving doctors, surgeons, nurses, pharmacists and others. We routinely review and analyze medical records in search of critical details to determine liability. We want to find out what really happened in the operating room or doctor’s office.
Am I eligible for medical malpractice compensation?
Financial costs can add up quickly. Obtaining compensation in medical malpractice cases in a timely manner can be extremely difficult. The burden of proof in such cases can often be very high. Without sufficient evidence, you may have a hard time proving you are the victim of medical malpractice.
Fortunately, our knowledgeable attorneys know what is required to get results and have a proven track record of success. We have won many major, multi-million-dollar medical malpractice cases in New York, including:
- $22.97 million verdict for brain damage linked to a delay of treatment in 2014. One of the top medical malpractice verdicts in U.S. that year.
- $4 million settlement due to faulty neck surgery
- $3.5 million for brain damage caused by failure to diagnose pulmonary edema
- $2.25 million for brain damage due to negligent treatment of skull facture
- $2.1 million for failure to diagnose prostate cancer
- $2 million for misdiagnosis of Crohn’s disease
Why should I hire attorney Reiter for my Brooklyn medical malpractice case?
Even if the medical professional admits wrongdoing, your case could still be very complicated. Gathering evidence can be a difficult process. And then there are the insurance companies. Most do everything they can to pay injury victims as little as possible.
Insurance companies don’t intimidate us. We know how to negotiate with them and get people the compensation they rightfully deserve. We can also help you file a medical malpractice lawsuit or take other legal action if necessary. We will not rest until justice is served.
Brooklyn medical malpractice victims have rights. We can fight for them.
Every medical malpractice case in Brooklyn is unique. That’s why we take the time to learn about every person we work with and go the extra mile to provide sound legal advice. Your case is about more than just money. It’s about justice. It’s about making sure others don’t suffer the way you did or your loved one did.
You have enough to worry about if you or a loved one sustained a serious injury or died due to a mistake made by a doctor, nurse, pharmacist or another medical professional in Brooklyn. We can deal directly with insurance companies so you can focus on what matters most: your recovery.
Start rebuilding your life. Contact us. Call (212) 736-0979 and schedule a free consultation today. We’re conveniently located in The Empire State Building in Manhattan. Best of all, you only pay us if we win. That’s because we work on a contingency fee basis.
Jonathan C. Reiter Law Firm, PLLC – here for you when you need us most.