Motorcycle Accidents in New York City Demand Experienced Accident Attorneys
New York City motorcycle accident lawyer Jonathan C. Reiter puts riders’ needs first
Motorcycle accidents in New York often result in serious injuries or fatalities. That’s because motorcyclists have little crash protection from cars, trucks and other vehicles on the road. When auto accidents involve motorcycles, riders often require extensive medical treatment. Meanwhile, the occupants of the car usually walk away without a scratch.
At Jonathan C. Reiter Law Firm, PLLC, we understand the risks riders face every day on the road, especially in New York City. That’s why we work so hard for motorcycle accident injury victims and their families. We believe injury victims deserve to be fairly compensated.
Protect your rights. Contact Manhattan motorcycle accident lawyer Jonathan C. Reiter. We can work with you and build a strong legal case designed to succeed. Call (212) 736-0979 and schedule a free consultation. We’re located in The Empire State Building in Manhattan.
What are common causes of motorcycle accidents in New York?
Other drivers often blame motorcyclists for causing accidents involving other vehicles. The truth is actually quite different. In many cases, drivers of cars cause accidents because they fail to see and recognize the motorcycle sharing the road. Furthermore, there remains a bias against motorcyclists. The misconception is that they are “risk-takers.” They are assumed to be reckless simply because they ride. The insurance companies are more than happy to lead juries to believe this stereotype. That’s why we work so hard on these cases. We are committed to protecting the rights of motorcyclists in New York.
The common causes of motorcycle accidents cover a wide range. They include:
- Drivers who fail to see motorcyclists – This is probably the number one reason why drivers cause accidents involving motorcyclists. Often, drivers change lanes and strike a motorcyclist, causing a serious accident. Drivers insist they never saw the motorcyclist. That’s no excuse. Drivers should be held accountable for their actions.
- Speeding drivers – Motorists who drive too fast don’t give themselves enough time to stop. This type of behavior can lead to a serious rear-end accidents with motorcyclists on busy streets in Manhattan or Brooklyn.
- Distracted drivers – Texting while driving is against the law in New York but it remains one of the most common contributing factors in motorcycle accidents in Manhattan and other New York boroughs.
What types of motorcycle accident cases does attorney Reiter handle?
Our experienced New York City motorcycle accident lawyers handle a wide range of accident claims in New York, including:
- Rear-end motorcycle accidents
- Head-on motorcycle collisions
- Hit-and-run motorcycle accidents
- Distracted driving motorcycle accidents
We also handle fatal motorcycle accidents in New York. In such cases, we can help your family file a wrongful death lawsuit in New York to resolve your motorcycle accident. We’re here for you and ready to help your family.
Why should I hire New York motorcycle accident lawyer Jonathan C. Reiter?
Quite simply, our settlements and verdicts speak for themselves. In case after case, we consistently secure sizable judgments for motorcycle accident injury victims. Some of our larger verdicts and settlements include:
- $4 Million Settlement – While operating his motorcycle, the client was struck by a drunk driver operating an SUV, causing serious injuries. A settlement of approximately $4 million was obtained.
- $1.2 Million Settlement – Our client’s husband was an experienced motorcyclist who stopped by the side of the road and put down his kickstand. He then started riding again, but forgot to put the kickstand up. As he entered a turn, the kickstand struck the ground causing him to lose control, strike a metal guardrail and lose his life. In this case, Mr. Reiter’s research uncovered the fact that the manufacturer had already recognized and fixed the problem in its European models by installing an interlock that prevented the motorcycle from starting if the kickstand was still down. The manufacturer paid a settlement of approximately $1.2 million to our client, in large part because the company had continued to sell motorcycles without the interlock in the United States.
If you retain our firm, we will carefully investigate your accident and look for the evidence you need to support a compelling personal injury claim. We carefully review medical records, police reports and frequently consult with experts. We work tirelessly for our clients.
New York motorcycle accident victims have rights. We can fight for them.
No two motorcycle accidents in New York are the same. That’s why we take the time to learn about every person we work with and go the extra mile to provide top-notch legal advice. Your case is about more than just money. It’s about justice.
You have enough to worry about if you or a loved one sustained a serious injury or died due to a motorcycle accident in New York. We can deal directly with insurance companies so you can focus on what matters most: your recovery.
Start rebuilding your life. Contact us and schedule an appointment today. A delay could affect your ability to be fairly compensated. Best of all, you only pay us if we win. That’s because we work on a contingency fee basis.
Jonathan C. Reiter Law Firm, PLLC – here for you when you need us most.