What Are Common Causes of Airplane Accidents?
Hold airlines accountable. Contact New York airline accident Jonathan C. Reiter Law Firm, PLLC .
Airline accidents happen rarely. When they do, the consequences are often catastrophic. Understanding why airline accidents happen can be complicated. Investigators typically spend months trying to determine why a commercial airliner crashed.
At Jonathan C. Reiter Law Firm, PLLC, our New York airline accident attorneys are fully committed to helping families dealing with the aftermath of complicated airline accidents in the United States and around the world. We know how to investigate these accidents and we have the case results to prove it.
Some of the verdicts and settlements our attorneys helped secure for airline accident victims and their families include:
- $32 million for relatives of victims of American Airlines Flight 587 Belle Harbor, NY *
- $5 million for relatives of victims of Swissair Flight 111 Peggy’s Cove, Nova Scotia *
- $3.6 million for landmark case involving relatives of victim of Egyptair Flight 990 *
- $2 million for relatives of victim of defective handrail on airplane stairs *
Attorney Reiter also represented some of the families of victims of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center in New York City. *
What are common causes of airline accidents?
Airline accidents happen for many reasons. Accident investigators routinely spend weeks or months determining the cause of such accidents, which are often complicated by the fact that crash took place over the ocean and the airplane can be difficult to locate.
Some of the most common causes of airplane accidents we regularly deal with at our law firm include:
- Pilot error – Airline pilots often make mistakes for a variety of reasons, including inexperience or even being under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Mechanical failure – Thousands of moving parts must work perfectly together in order for an airplane to function properly. If one of these parts breaks or doesn’t work properly because of a mechanical failure, the consequences can be tragic.
- Poor maintenance – Airlines have a responsibility to properly maintain their airplanes. Otherwise, airplanes sometimes develop serious structural problems which result in an accident.
- Defective parts – Even the best maintained airplanes are sometimes involved in accidents due to mistakes made by the manufacturer of the airplane.
- Pilot falling asleep – Airline pilots sometimes work long, grueling hours without sufficient rest. As a result, fatigued pilots sometimes cause airline accidents.
- Terrorist attack – Airlines hijacked by terrorists have been involved in some of the worst airline accidents in history. Terrorists also sometimes cause airline accidents by placing explosive devices on an airplane.
What should I do if the airline denies wrongdoing in my airline accident?
Airlines often insist that an airplane accident was not their fault. That’s why it’s important to hire an experienced airline accident lawyer who can help you take legal action against the airline and build a strong case against the airline.
At Jonathan C. Reiter Law Firm, PLLC, we have years of experience holding airlines accountable for their actions in the United States and around the world. Contact us. We can help.
Should I sue the airline if I’m a victim of an airline accident?
Filing a lawsuit against the airline is often the best way to obtain financial compensation from the airline. However, it’s important to explore all your options before you take legal action after your airline accident. It’s also important to consider where you will file your lawsuit. Many jurisdictions have different laws governing aviation accidents.
We can help you decide the best legal venue for filing your lawsuit. Some of your options include filing your lawsuit where the flight originated, the intended destination, your hometown or the location of the airline’s headquarters. There are many available options. Contact us for a free consultation.
Why should I hire New York airline accident attorney Jonathan C. Reiter?
Determining the cause of an airline accident requires an in-depth knowledge of aeronautical engineering, airline operations, airport security and even a complex understanding of weather patterns and how they affect an airplane.
We possess this knowledge, because we have handled a variety of complex cases involving aviation accidents throughout the world. Why we consistently uncover the truth about airline accidents in the United States and worldwide to hold the negligent parties accountable. When you hire us, our experienced airline accident attorneys can help in a variety of ways, including:
- Carefully investigating your airline accident
- Consulting with airline accident experts
- Dealing directly with the airline
- Negotiating with the airline or its insurance company
- Filing a lawsuit against the airline if necessary
Put your trust in an airplane accident lawyer who will put your needs first
Having an experienced airplane accident attorney on your side can make a dramatic difference in the outcome of your case. We understand the laws governing airplane accident, we know how to win and we have the case results to prove it.
Timing means everything when it comes to airplane accident cases. The sooner you contact us, the better. The reason? Any delay could possibly jeopardize your case. Evidence sometimes disappears. Witnesses change their stories. Don’t be caught off guard. Take back control.
This may be your only opportunity for justice. Seize it. Contact us. Call (212) 736-0979 and schedule a free consultation. We’re conveniently located in The Empire State Building in Manhattan. Case results matter here. Contact Jonathan C. Reiter Law Firm, PLLC, today.
(* Cases were prosecuted by Mr. Reiter as a member of a separate and distinct law firm.)