Taxi Accidents – Limo Crash New York City – NYC Firm Fighting For Injury Victims
Manhattan taxi accident lawyer, NYC limousines accident attorney Jonathan C. Reiter holds drivers, taxi companies accountable
New York taxi & limo accidents often result in severe injuries and sometimes even fatalities. If you or a loved one was hurt or killed in a taxi accident, contact New York City taxi accident law firm Jonathan C. Reiter Law Firm, PLLC. We can work with you and help you get your life back on track.
Located in Manhattan and serving injury victims and their families throughout New York, Jonathan C. Reiter and his fellow lawyers have years of experience handling such complicated mass transit accidents. We know how to research such cases, and we know how to win.
Taxi accidents are unique. Unlike many typical car accidents, it’s not just the driver you have to deal with after a taxi accident. You need to deal with the company that employs the driver as well as the insurance company. You don’t have to handle these claims on your own. Contact us. We can help. We also have experience investigating accidents involving:
- Unlicensed taxis or so-called “gypsy cabs”
- Commuter vans
- Airport shuttles
- Hotel shuttle services
What are the common causes of taxi accidents in New York?
Taxi accidents happen for many reasons. Some of the most common causes include:
- Speeding taxi drivers
- Distracted taxi drivers
- Inexperienced taxi drivers
- Poor vehicle maintenance
What should I do if I’m a passenger injured in a New York taxi accident?
We recommend taking the following steps if you’re a victim of a taxi accident in New York City:
- Call the police –Having a police officer at your accident will create an official police report, documentation that could be critical support for your claim.
- Seek immediate medical attention – Even if you feel fine, make sure you have a doctor or another medical professional evaluate you. Don’t take chances with your health.
- Gather evidence – If you’re healthy enough, write down any important information, including the taxi driver’s full name, license number, cab number and the exact time and location of your accident.
- Take photographs – Take photos of the accident scene, your injuries, lighting conditions and weather conditions. Every detail matters.
- Talk to witnesses – Talk to people who saw your taxi cab accident and make sure to get their full names, addresses and phone numbers so they can be reached later if necessary.
- Contact a lawyer – Our experienced taxi accident attorneys can help you every step of the way, including investigating your accident and taking any legal action if necessary, including filing a personal injury lawsuit against the taxi cab company.
What should I do if a taxi hits me in New York?
Follow the same steps listed above. You can also learn more on our webpage devoted to pedestrian accidents. Our New York pedestrian accident attorneys have handled numerous cases involving taxis and know how to get results.
Who investigates New York City taxi accidents?
The New York City Police Department and the New York City Taxi and Limousine Commission (TLC) investigate accidents involve taxis in New York City.
No matter who’s investigating your accident, it’s important to have someone on your side familiar with taxi accidents looking out for your best interests. That’s why people throughout New York City regularly hire us. We have years of experience, thoroughly understand New York’s transportation laws and consistently deliver results.
Why should I hire New York City taxi accident lawyer Jonathan C. Reiter?
Many attorneys talk about what they can do for clients. We simply let our case results speak for themselves. Our lawyers have helped injury victims and the families of people killed in taxi accidents and other serious accidents recover more than $250 million in verdicts and settlements.
This money serves a vital purpose. Such sizable financial awards allow injury victims and affected families to cover all the expenses associated with such accidents – medical expenses, physical therapy, lost income, lost future income and sadly in some cases, funeral expenses.
We take our job seriously. We know that the work we do today will enable people to live their lives with dignity. It’s not just about the money. It’s about holding reckless drivers responsible for their actions. It’s about justice.
We work relentlessly for clients. Discover what we can do for you. Contact us.
Complicated cases demand experienced attorneys. There’s no room for error when you’re tackling a tough case. That’s why it’s critical you contact New York City personal injury lawyer Jonathan C. Reiter as soon as possible.
Attorney Reiter and his team of attorneys and legal professionals have won a wide range of cases for clients throughout the country and around the world. We consistently secure large verdicts and settlements for one simple reason: we work relentlessly for our clients.
Put the power of a dedicated, results-driven law firm to work for you. Contact us. Call (212) 736-0979 and schedule a free consultation at our office in The Empire State Building. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain.
New York personal injury law firm Jonathan C. Reiter Law Firm, PLLC – we make things right.