Mass Transit Accidents - New York City Attorney You Can Trust
Manhattan mass transit accident lawyer Jonathan C. Reiter makes things right
Millions of people rely on buses, trains, subways and other forms of mass transit in New York City. When accidents happen involving any of these forms of transportation, it's critical that you take strong legal action to protect your rights and be fairly compensated.
New York Injury Attorney Motor Vehicle Accidents
Jonathan C. Reiter Law Firm, PLLC discusses an auto accident involving train operator negligence.
At Jonathan C. Reiter Law Firm, PLLC, our experienced New York mass transit lawyers have dedicated their careers to fighting for the rights of injury victims. We understand the various state and federal laws governing mass transit accidents. We know what information to look for to build a compelling legal case. That's why people throughout New York rely on us to make things right.
Face your accident with confidence. Contact us. Call (212) 736-0979 and schedule an appointment at our Manhattan office in The Empire State Building. We're ready and eager to work with you. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain.
What types of mass transit accidents does attorney Jonathan C. Reiter handle?
Mass transit accidents in New York City cover a wide range. Some of the most common mass transit accidents we handle in Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, the Bronx and other communities in the greater New York City area include:
What are the common causes of mass transit accidents in New York City?
New York mass transit accidents happen for many reasons. Some of the most common causes of these accidents include:
- Operator error - Tired drivers, drunk drivers, distracted drivers and other dangerous actions may result in serious mass transit accidents.
- Mechanical problems - Problems with a mechanical part on a bus or train can lead to serious or even fatal mass transit accidents.
- Poor maintenance - Government agencies or private companies that operate such vehicles have a responsibility to properly maintain them.
- Defective parts - Sometimes, the agency that operates these vehicles isn't to blame. It's the companies that manufactured them. Design flaws can be deadly.
- Unsafe conditions - Whether it's a wet or icy road or poor lighting, mass transit accidents can be linked to dangerous conditions.
Who investigates mass transit accidents in New York City?
Various different government agencies investigate these accidents. There's no one single agency that does so. In many cases, the National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) investigates most mass transit accidents. But other government agencies also frequently conduct their own investigations.
In any case, it's important to have someone personally investigating your mass transit accident - an advocate who is looking out for your interests. That's why people throughout New York City regularly hire us. We have years of experience, a comprehensive understanding of New York's transportation laws and know how to get results.
What should I do if I'm a victim of a mass transit accident in New York City?
We strongly suggest people take the following steps if they're a victim of a mass transit accident in New York City:
- Seek immediate medical attention - Even if you feel fine, make sure you have a doctor or another medical professional evaluate you.
- Gather evidence - If you're healthy enough, write down any important information, including weather conditions and the exact time and location of your accident.
- Take photographs - Take photos of the accident scene, your injuries, lighting conditions and weather conditions. Every detail matters.
- Talk to witnesses - Talk to people who saw your accident and make sure to get their full names, addresses and phone numbers so they can be reached later if necessary.
- Contact a lawyer - Our experienced mass transit accident attorneys can help you every step of the way, including investigating your accident and taking any legal action if necessary, including filing a personal injury lawsuit.
Why should I hire New York mass transit accident lawyer Jonathan C. Reiter?
In case after case, our experienced Manhattan mass transit attorneys have consistently secured sizable verdicts and settlements for injury victims and the families of accident victims killed in mass transit accidents in Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, the Bronx and throughout New York.
Building successful legal cases takes skill, patience and hard work. Our attorneys possess all these traits and bring an unparalleled commitment to every case we handle. That's the secret to our success. That's what drives us succeed. We do not rest until justice is served.
Some of our larger mass transit verdicts and settlements include:
- $3 million for a New York bus accident injury victim
- $1 million for a New York subway train accident victim
- $875,000 for a New York bus accident injury victim
- $600,000 for a Long Island Railroad accident victim
We work hard because we make a difference in injury victims' lives. Contact us.
Building strong legal cases takes hard work, determination and a high level of professionalism. Our attorneys and support staff at Jonathan C. Reiter Law Firm, PLLC, possess all these traits. We work hard because we make a difference in injury victims' lives.
If you're dealing with the aftermath of a serious accident, the money we obtain for you will enable you and your family to continue to live your lives with dignity. Your case is about more than just money. It's about holding individuals and companies accountable for their actions.
Put the power of a compassionate, experienced New York City attorney to work for you. Contact us. Call (212) 736-0979 and schedule a free consultation. We're here for you when you need us most. We will not rest until justice is served.
Jonathan C. Reiter Law Firm, PLLC - we make things right.