Construction Accidents in New York City Demand an Experienced Attorney
Manhattan construction accident lawyer Jonathan C. Reiter builds strong legal cases
Construction accidents in New York often result in serious injuries or even fatalities. Knowing what to do after such a serious accident can be overwhelming. That's why you need an experienced New York construction accident lawyer on your side. Call Jonathan C. Reiter Law Firm, PLLC, now if you were injured or a loved one was injured or killed in an accident on a New York construction site.
Located in Manhattan and serving construction accident victims throughout New York, attorney Reiter and his talented team of New York City construction accident lawyers have dedicated their careers to fighting for injury victims just like you - and we have the results to prove it.
New York has special laws, including Sections 240 and 241 of the New York Labor Law, governing construction accidents. These laws give special rights to injured construction/demolition workers to recover damages for their injuries. Some of our notable construction accident verdicts and settlements include:
- $2.1 million settlement for building wall falling on pedestrian during demolition work
A mother and her 3-year-old child were seriously injured while walking on a sidewalk when the wall of a building being demolished collapsed on top of them. A settlement of $2.1 million was obtained for the mother and child.
- $1.2 million settlement for falling girder striking a demolition worker
Our client was a demolition worker who was struck by a steel girder that had been improperly cut above the level where he was working. Our client suffered severe injuries to his arm and became permanently disabled. Mr. Reiter obtained a settlement of $1.2 million for our client.
- $600,000 settlement for building collapse that killed demolition worker in front of son *
A man working on a demolition project was killed when the building collapsed, causing him to fall multiple stories. His son, who was also employed at the site, witnessed his father's pain, suffering and death. A settlement of approximately $600,000 was obtained for the widow.
Communicating with clients matters at Jonathan C. Reiter Law Firm, PLLC
We believe every legal case should be a partnership between the attorney and the injury victim or the family of the person who died due to someone else mistakes. That's why we communicate clearly with everyone we work with at Jonathan C. Reiter Law Firm, PLLC.
We don't just pay attention to you at the beginning of your case. We communicate clearly with you every step of the way. We will keep you informed about the latest progress in your case. And we consult with you and make every decision based on your personal needs.
Discover what an attentive, hard-working attorney can do for you. Contact us. Call (212) 736-0979 and schedule a free consultation. A delay could affect your ability to recover compensation. That's why it's critical you contact attorney Reiter as soon as possible.
Jonathan C. Reiter Law Firm, PLLC - passionately pursuing justice, one case at a time.
Frequently asked questions about construction accidents in New York
- What are common causes of construction accidents in New York?
- Who should I notify if I'm injured in a construction accident in New York?
- Who investigates construction accidents in New York?
- Can I sue my employer if I'm injured in a construction accident in New York?
- Why should I hire New York construction accident attorney Reiter?
Construction/demolition accidents happen for many different reasons. Some of the most common causes include:
- Unsafe scaffolding
- Scaffolding collapse
- Inattentive workers
- Unsafe working conditions
- Defective construction equipment
- Ladders that cause victims to fall
- Walls that collapse on workers, bystanders and pedestrians
- Falling objects that strike workers on lower floors
- Failure to adhere to safety guidelines
Notify your employer if you're injured in a construction accident on the job in New York. If you are a bystander or pedestrian injured due to a construction accident in New York, contact the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) or simply contact the police. They can make sure your complaint makes its way to the proper agency.
Then contact us. Our experienced Manhattan construction accident lawyers can work with you to protect your rights. We will fight for the compensation you rightfully deserve.
The federal organization Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) investigates most construction accidents in New York. The New York City Department of Buildings also frequently investigates accidents involving construction or demolition of buildings.
Whichever entity is investigating your accident, make sure you have someone on your side looking out for your interests. Construction accident victims and their families hire us because we have years of experience investigating construction accidents. We tap the services of top-notch experts to support a client's claim. We know what information to look for. And we know how to win cases.
In most cases, you cannot sue your employer if a co-worker caused your construction accident injury. However, there are many cases where injury victims or the families of loved ones killed in a construction or demolition accident can file a construction accident lawsuit in New York. These instances include:
- Someone other than the worker's employer causes your construction accident. You may be able to file a lawsuit against the third party.
- You're a pedestrian or bystander who sustains an injury due to construction or demolition work.
Every construction accident is unique, which is why these cases can be complex. You don't have to handle the claim on your own. Make sure you contact us and get the help you need now.
Quite simply, our experienced attorneys know how to get results. In case after case, we routinely obtain sizable settlements and verdicts for injury victims and families who have lost a loved one due to a construction accident in New York.
What's the secret to our success? We never rest until justice is served. When you hire us, we take an aggressive approach right from the start. Our dedicated team of professionals will:
- Review the official construction accident report
- Review your medical records
- Consult with experts in their field on your case
- Interview witnesses who observed your construction accident
- Investigate the construction company for history of previous accidents
- File construction accident lawsuit if necessary on your behalf
Don't wait to take legal action. We can help you pursue the compensation you need to cover medical expenses, physical therapy, lost income, pain and suffering and many other losses related to the accident. Contact us today. Call (212) 736-0979 or fill out our online contact form.
(* Cases were prosecuted by Mr. Reiter as a member of a separate and distinct law firm.)