Pedestrian Accidents in New York City Demand Strong Legal Action - Contact Us
Manhattan pedestrian accident attorney Jonathan C. Reiter consistently wins cases
More pedestrian accidents happen in New York City than in any other city in the country. Even so, knowing what to do after a pedestrian accident can be overwhelming. Even knowing where to start or who to contact can be confusing.
Fortunately, you're not alone. Our experienced Manhattan pedestrian accident lawyers have handled many complicated auto accidents involving pedestrians - and we have the case results to prove it. Some of our notable pedestrian accident verdicts and settlements include:
- $2.1 million settlement for two pedestrians injured by a collapsed building wall
A mother and her 3-year-old child were seriously injured while walking on a sidewalk when the wall of a building being demolished collapsed on top of them. A settlement of $2.1 million was obtained for the mother and child.
- $600,000 settlement for pedestrian struck by speeding car while crossing street
Our client was a college student crossing a street in Manhattan. A car traveling in excess of the speed limit struck her, causing a contusion of the brain and multiple fractures of her legs. A settlement of approximately $600,000 was obtained for our client.
Don't underestimate the seriousness of your pedestrian accident. Take aggressive legal action right from the start. Contact Jonathan C. Reiter Law Firm, PLLC. We understand what you're going through, and we're eager to work with you. Call (212) 736-0979 and schedule a free consultation. We're conveniently located in The Empire State Building in Manhattan.
Contact a New York pedestrian accident lawyer who puts your needs first
We know you must have a lot of questions about your pedestrian accident. That's why we compiled a list of some of the most frequently asked questions about pedestrian accidents in New York. The more you know, the smarter your decisions.
Timing means everything when it comes to pedestrian accidents in New York. The sooner you contact us, the better. The reason? A delay could possibly jeopardize your case. Evidence sometimes disappears. Witnesses change their stories. The New York Statute of Limitations also restricts the amount of time you have to initiate a claim. Don't be caught off guard. Take action.
This may be your only opportunity for justice. Seize it. Contact us and schedule an appointment today. Helping pedestrian accident victims in Manhattan or elsewhere in New York drives us to work hard every day. We believe people hurt in pedestrian accidents should be compensated for their injuries. And we believe that people who cause these accidents should be held responsible for their actions.
Jonathan C. Reiter Law Firm, PLLC - righting wrongs, one case at a time.
- Are pedestrian accidents common in New York City?
- What should I do if I'm injured in a New York pedestrian accident?
- What are common causes of pedestrian accidents in New York?
- What types of pedestrian accident cases does attorney Reiter handle?
- Why should I hire New York pedestrian accident attorney Reiter?
Yes. New York City was the number one ranked city in the country for the most pedestrian fatalities each year between 1997 and 2006, according to a study by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). Specifically, 1,743 people died during that 10-year period. In contrast, the second highest ranked city nationwide, Los Angeles, had 757 fewer pedestrian fatalities during the same time period.
We strongly advise victims of pedestrian accidents in New York to take the following steps to protect their rights:
- Call the police - If you are able to do so, contact the police immediately. New York City police officers know how to investigate pedestrian accidents. They know what evidence to look for, what questions to ask the driver and witnesses of pedestrian accidents.
Make sure you get the police officer's name and badge number. That way, you can obtain a copy of the police report for your accident. This report may help you obtain compensation from an insurance company for your accident.
- Seek medical attention - Even if your injury seems minor, be sure to seek medical treatment. Some injuries are not apparent. You might have a life-threatening internal injury and not even realize it. The accident may have resulted in a blow to your head and a traumatic brain injury. Such injuries sometimes are difficult to detect. Don't try to diagnose yourself. Seek professional medical advice.
- Gather evidence - Either you or someone else at the accident scene should gather as much information as possible:
- Exact time and location of accident
- Weather conditions
- Whether traffic lights were working
- Whether street lights were working
- Names, addresses and phone numbers for:
- Driver who caused pedestrian accident
- Witnesses who saw pedestrian accident
- Take photographs of:
- Your pedestrian accident injuries
- Damage to vehicle due to pedestrian accident
- Exact location of pedestrian accident
Evidence builds strong cases. The more information you have, the better.
- Call a lawyer - New York pedestrian accidents can be extremely complicated. Make sure you have an experienced Manhattan pedestrian accident lawyer on your side, fighting for your rights.
Pedestrian accidents in Manhattan and other parts of New York happen for many reasons. Some of the most common causes of pedestrian accidents involving cars and other vehicles include:
- Distracted drivers
- Drunk drivers
- Inattentive drivers
- Speeding drivers
Our experienced Manhattan pedestrian accident attorneys handle many different types of pedestrian accidents throughout New York. Some of the most common cases include:
- Pedestrian intersection accidents - People legally crossing the street often get hit by drivers in New York who ignore traffic laws and drive through an intersection and hit pedestrians in a crosswalk
- Hit-and-run pedestrian accidents - Unfortunately, many drivers who cause pedestrian accidents flee the scene of the accident
- Texting while driving pedestrian accidents - Distracted drivers, especially texting drivers, cause many pedestrian accidents in New York
If a loved one was killed in a pedestrian accident in New York City, we can also handle your fatal Manhattan pedestrian accident or wherever your accident took place in the city. We can help you file a wrongful death lawsuit and take any other legal action if necessary. We personally understand how to handle these complicated accidents, and we're ready to work with you.
Why should I hire New York personal injury lawyer Jonathan C. Reiter?
Serious or fatal pedestrian accidents in New York demand an experienced, compassionate, dedicated attorney you can trust to work tirelessly on your case. At Jonathan C. Reiter Law Firm, PLLC, your case will receive our undivided attention.
We take pedestrian accident cases seriously because we know how much these cases mean to injury victims and their families. If you retain our firm, we will aggressively investigate your case. We will not rest until justice is served.
And if insurance companies try to pay you less than you rightfully deserve, we know how to negotiate with them and get our clients the money they rightfully deserve.
Learn more about how a New York pedestrian accident attorney can help you on our page entitled, "How can a New York pedestrian accident lawyer can help me?" And contact us directly. Call (212) 736-0979 and schedule an appointment today.